This 3 ingredient peanut butter yogurt dip only takes a few minutes to throw together but it does not disappoint in taste. It’s the perfect blend of protein and healthy fats to dip your fruit into to help you beat that afternoon slump.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This PCOS Friendly Dip
Fruits, such as apples or strawberries, are a common snack for a lot of us but when we eat fruit by itself, our blood sugar levels may go a bit higher than we’d like them to. That’s because fruit is mainly just carbohydrates.
When we add protein or fat into the mix, we see a much slower blood sugar rise and that is going to give you more sustained energy and keep you feeling full for longer – all good things in my book!
This creamy dip is super easy to throw together and each serving gives you an impressive 10 grams of protein. The peanut butter also gives you healthy unsaturated fats, which are helpful at lowering inflammation commonly seen with PCOS.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The best part of this dip is that it’s so easy to make. You’ll only need 3 ingredients!
- Greek yogurt – I prefer to use a full-fat plain greek yogurt because it gives a more creamy texture, but you can use whichever type of yogurt you prefer.
- Peanut butter – I used creamy peanut butter, but crunchy peanut butter would work well here too if you prefer a bit more texture and crunch. A natural peanut butter, such as Teddie’s peanut butter, tends to work well in this dip because its consistency mixes in easily.
- Honey – This adds a little sweetness to this dip, but it’s definitely not overpowering. If you prefer, you can even omit this ingredient altogether.
How To Make & Serve Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
All you have to do is simply combine Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and honey together in a bowl until well combined.
Serve this easy peanut butter yogurt dip with some fiber to make it a balanced snack. It’s delicious as a fruit dip with apple slices or strawberries. It’s also great with a whole grain cracker, pretzel, or even celery!
- Use a different type of nut butter, such as cashew butter or almond butter
- Add cinnamon to add more flavor to this dip
- Dairy free? Swap Greek yogurt for coconut yogurt or another non-dairy yogurt
- Nut free? Use sunflower seed butter instead
- Add dark chocolate chips for a peanut butter chocolate dip
- Add one teaspoon vanilla extract or use a vanilla Greek yogurt for additional flavor dimension
- Substitute maple syrup, monk fruit, or your favorite sweetener in place of honey
- Use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter
Other PCOS Friendly Recipes You’ll Love
Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. Enjoy!